Thursday, April 24, 2008

Aspirations

As I am now done with school and currently waiting for my enlistment letter, I have been hearing many of my friends discussing with me their plans for the future.

But each time that happens, I find myself rather uninterested and disconnected with their ideas and plans for themselves.

Is getting a Degree in a well known university and getting a high paying job all there is to life after school?

What has happened to youthful aspirations and goals and dreams? Or is it that, perhaps living comfortably with money is all that is really important?

Living comfortably is, of course, of prime importance in each living organisms life, but as humans, we are able to transcend this basic instinct of comfortability.

I can only say for sure that, people need more in their lives then just physical things.

I am quite sure my friends will be aware of this later in their lives...

I just sorta wish that they would realise sooner.

No comments: